BILLING, BOOKING AND CANCELLATION
Please read through the booking and cancellation policy before the commencement of counselling and psychotherapy.
- Bookings, cancellations and rescheduling should be done at least 24 hours before the session. Cancellations and rescheduling done lesser than 24 hours in advance will be billed as whole sessions for the time the counsellor was booked. If the counsellor needs to cancel a session the client will be given at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Individual counselling sessions are billed from AUD $130-$160 per hour.
- Couple or family counselling sessions (2 people) are billed at AUD $180-$210 per hour.
- Group sessions are billed at AUD $50 per person, per hour.
- If there are two consecutive cancellations the client will be billed at AUD $80.
- International clients are billed at rates affordable to them keeping in mind their country of residence. Please contact the counsellor for those rates.
- There is a sliding scale put into place for clients that are struggling financially but are still committed to their mental health. To be eligible for a sliding scale some factors that will be taken into account are the frequency of sessions, sustainability of payment, the client’s monthly income and expenses. The sliding scale option is not offered for one off sessions. Please talk to the counsellor for further clarification and information on the sliding scale.
- If the counsellor has been booked for a session and the client does not come for up to 30 minutes without informing the counselling psychotherapist of being late, the session will be counted as a no-show and the client will be billed for the entire time that the counsellor was booked.
- Billing for a session starts from the time the client has booked the counselling psychotherapist.
- The booking and cancellation policy is put in place for the protection of the counsellor and client.
- The counselling psychotherapist reserves the right to terminate counselling sessions if cancellations or no-shows become excessive. This will be discussed with you prior to the termination of services. Please be respectful of time.
You have the right to terminate therapy at any point as the choice to end therapy lies with the client. There are a few exceptions:
- If cancellations and no-shows become an issue.
- If the counselling psychotherapist feels harassed – verbally or physically or if the counselling psychotherapist is threatened, the psychotherapist reserves the right to terminate therapy immediately and take appropriate action.
While terminating counselling and psychotherapy you shall be provided with referrals and other sources of care.